Evacuation Information and Reception Centres

Update on evacuation order:

All single family homes outside of the downtown core have been cleared for reoccupation.

It is unknown at this time when the remaining mandatory evacuations may be lifted. Questions on the evacuation orders can be referred to 311.


If you are unable to receive assistance from a family member or friend to return home, a Calgary Transit bus will be made available to shuttle you from the reception centre to your muster point where you will receive important information prior to returning to your residence. Buses are for those residents who are able to complete a self-assessment of their residence (not living in a multi-resident complex such as a seniors’ home) and who are physically able to take the bus. Fare payment is not required for these special shuttle services.

We will provide updates on when buses will arrive as information becomes available. Please note that an evacuation wristband does not entitle you to travel for free on regular Calgary Transit service. Fare payment is required.

Important information about returning home:

Residents should refer to the attached important information on returning home and how to stay safe.

Reception centres:

Reception centres continue to remain open while the need is assessed. The City of Calgary is providing reception centres at the following locations:

  • Acadia Recreation Complex (240 90 Ave SE) – Onsite lodging
  • Central Memorial High School (5111 21 St SW) – Onsite lodging available
  • Centre Street Church (3900 2 St NE) – Registrations only, no onsite lodging, hours of operation for this centre is 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
  • Southland Leisure Centre (2000 Southland Dr SW) – Onsite lodging
  • Village Square Leisure Centre (2623 56 St NE) – Onsite lodging

All reception centres are able to provide food and access to specialized services.


Currently the City is accommodating people at group lodging facilities and residences at:

  • Mount Royal University (MRU)
  • Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
  • Ambrose University


Calgarians can take their pets to the Animal Service Centre, 2201 Portland St SE or The Calgary Humane Society, 4455 110 Ave SE, if they cannot arrange their own accommodation for them. Specialized services at reception centres can assist connecting evacuees with Animal and Bylaw services if it is required.

Re-unite with family:

The Canadian Red Cross has established a phone number to assist Calgarians with connecting to family members who have been displaced.  Contact the Red Cross at: 1-866-696-6484. Specialized services at reception centres can assist evacuees with contacting the Red Cross.

Medications and health needs:

Alberta Health Services is working with The City of Calgary to provide assistance to evacuees who have medical requirements. Specialized services at reception centres are able to connect evacuees with medical services.

Roads and Transit:

There are multiple road and bridge closures and transit schedule changes that are affecting the city of Calgary. Transit updates are available on the Calgary Transit website: ww.calgarytransit.com.


source: http://goo.gl/NNriT 

, , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply